Innovating in remote patient health monitoring
Our medical device manufacturer client was looking to add new capabilities to a healthcare data system to provide innovative new solutions for elder care and home health care settings.
We enhanced our client’s web application to allow for better remote diabetes patient monitoring and population management, keeping our client at the forefront of this highly competitive niche of the healthcare market.
What We Did
A medical device manufacturer needed to add features to its existing healthcare data system in order to support remote patient monitoring for long-term care. The new features needed to allow hand entry of blood glucose readings for home healthcare and elder care facilities.
Problems with the Existing Solution:
- Could not support remote patient monitoring activities
- Inability to record information remotely
We teamed up with our client to build the next generation solution. The new web app allowed patients to record medical data from home, eliminating the need for a doctor’s office visit. The new devices transmit measurements to a central server as they are taken allowing for real time patient monitoring.
- Refined workflows for doctor-nurse interactions, trends, and testing schedules
- Integrated BizTalk orchestrations
- Expanded organizational access level controls to support HIPAA guidelines
- Added functionality to support in-home data collection including a Bluetooth modem, glucose meter, pulse oximeter, blood pressure cuff, and scale
- Added functionality to support a custom handheld application for caregivers in a medical facility to enter medical data for their patients
The web app allows patients to remotely share data with trusted caregivers. The new added measurements and reports help those doctors better capture and understand their patients’ status. The new handheld app helps doctors and caregivers manage their patients by quickly and easily entering key medical information.
The app joins our client’s existing diabetes care product line and has received 510k FDA approval.
Recent Case Studies
Supporting Ag Dealers in Customer Service
Scaling Woven’s hiring assessments with AI
Let’s develop something special.
Reach out today to talk about how we can work together to shake up your industry.