SEP Celebrates Employee Ownership Month
This October, SEP along with the ESOP Association and the employee ownership community, will be celebrating Employee Ownership Month, which is a tribute to the incredible spirit of employee ownership.
Employee Ownership Month is an opportunity for ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) companies across the U.S. to educate employee owners and the public about the tremendous benefits of ESOPs. Companies celebrate throughout the month in a variety of different ways.
“Our ESOP Communications Committee kicked off the month with a company-wide lunch announcing all the activities we will be doing this month,” said Kelly Wilson Director of Marketing and Public Relations. “We have been an ESOP for over four years and it was time we reminded ourselves how unique being an ESOP is and that we should celebrate this more often.”
Employee Ownership Facts:
- There are approximately 10,000 ESOPs in place in the U.S., covering 10.3 million employees
- Total assets owned by U.S. ESOPs are estimated to be $869 billion
- The Economic Performance Survey conducted by the Employee Ownership Foundation in 2013 found that: – 71% indicated a better performance in 2013, relative to 2012
- 78% indicated revenue increased in 2013
- 70% indicated profitability increased in 2013
For more information on ESOPs and Employee Ownership Month, please visit the ESOP Association’s website at http://www.esopassociation.org/advocate/employee-ownership-month
Founded in 1988, SEP is a 100% employee-owned company that specializes in software product design and development. They are a member of the Washington, DC-based ESOP Association, as well as Indiana Chapter of the Association.