Monitoring Engine Health
Aerospace engines are incredibly costly to operate and have a high cost of failure. Our aerospace and defense client wanted a software tool to better track engine health.
We created a SaaS web app that receives and transforms engine flight data from the ground-based data systems. It predicts when repairs are needed before they become costly malfunctions.
What We Did
An existing customer in the Aerospace industry wanted to reduce costs and increase end user satisfaction for engine fleet logistics and operational planning. They needed a solution to track engine health and flight readiness as a way to catch problems before they occurred.
The Tool Needed to Help:
- Save overall repair costs
- Reduce the amount of time an engine would sit in a repair facility rather than on a flying aircraft
- Reduce the need for manual inspections of the engines – often were inaccurate or not completed in a timely manner
Our client determined a large portion of engine overhauls could be prevented if they had an automated system in place to discover problems before they happened. SEP built a SaaS web application to notify users which had engines with deteriorating health.
- Informs users the likely root cause of the problem
- Sends users corrective action notifications
- Increases flight readiness
We worked with our customer to understand their complex domain and what impact the challenges had on their users. The resulting SaaS product receives, decodes, and transforms engine flight data from the ground-based data systems. The system generates notifications based on the data and is sent directly to our customers and end users, and the system also provides access to ad-hoc reports.
- Predicts needed repairs before they happened resulting in reduced repair costs
- Saves labor costs by eliminating the need for ongoing maintenance inspections
- Alerts and reports are sent to the customer and to the end operators allowing lower delays in notifications
- System has processed over 2.6 million flights representing over 3.3 million flight hours. In the first year alone, one user reported they had saved over $2 million from information the service provided
- SEP provided the client with a full-time Analyst that monitors the system
Recent Case Studies
Driving Successful Project Outcomes with Dual-Track Agile
Transforming Operations Through Cloud Development Services
Let’s develop something special.
Reach out today to talk about how we can work together to shake up your industry.