Simplifying electrical grid management
A regional transmission operator needed a streamlined system to manage electrical grids. They wanted to maximize the efficiency of their engineers’ time by making it easier to record and access grid data.
We built a web application that simplifies the input of grid problems and fixes, makes information available on demand, and allows for new workflows and search functions. This new tool has reduced engineering time spent managing and monitoring electrical grids.
What We Did
A regional transmission operator needed a system to manage, maintain, and enhance the long-term stability of electrical grids. Our client was looking for a way to reduce the amount of time engineers spent managing databases while providing them faster and easier access to pertinent information.
Problems with the existing solution:
- Delays in availability to vital information
- Access to data slowed by inefficient chain of data transmission
- Inefficient use of engineering capacity
- Outdated method of tracking grid stability
- Constant need to fix data that had been manually entered incorrectly
Through SEP’s collaborative discovery workshop it was determined a web application would alleviate the informational logjams created by previous data tracking techniques.
- One interfacing tool to manage data and information transfer
- Simplified input of grid problems and fixes
- Greater access to information without delays in engineering capacity management
- Instantaneous creation of grid studies for monitoring and maintenance
- New workflows and search functions
- Ability to control and monitor individual grids
- New generation capacity
The web management system addresses the client’s need for a responsive and up-to-date tool. It also allows for access to valuable data on demand as well as the maintenance and tracking of electric grids within regulations.
Recent Case Studies
Driving Successful Project Outcomes with Dual-Track Agile
Transforming Operations Through Cloud Development Services
Let’s develop something special.
Reach out today to talk about how we can work together to shake up your industry.